Millions travel from Miami to Madrid every year using one of the many flights from Miami to Madrid, connecting two of the world’s greatest cities for culture, cuisine, and celebration. From strolling the Prado museum to sipping tapas and sangria late into the night, Madrid awaits to immerse you in the spirit of Old World Spain.
In this blog, we’ll share some of our golden tips when it comes to finding cheap flights from Miami to Madrid, travelling safely to a new city or country, and some COVID precautions you can consider. So whether you’re planning a weekend city break or an extended Madrid adventure, follow our guide to securing the cheapest flights from Miami to Madrid and setting the stage for an unforgettable Spanish experience.
From Miami to Madrid: Your ultimate flight tips and tricks
Tips for cheap flights from Miami to Madrid with Lufthansa
Lufthansa is one of the most trusted airlines when it comes to the best deals on flights from Miami to Madrid. Before you book a ticket, though, here are some tips you can keep in mind to find cheap flights:
- Book connecting flights – Consider booking flights through Lufthansa’s hub airports like Frankfurt or Munich. This can save you money compared to direct Miami-Madrid flights.
- Fly midweek – Midweek flights on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays tend to be cheaper than weekends. More people fly out of Miami on Fridays and Sundays, driving up costs.
- Use incognito mode – Airlines sometimes raise prices if they see you’ve searched repeatedly so that an incognito window can give you fresh rates.
- Sign up for flight alerts – Sites like Google Flights and Hopper let you input your desired flights from Miami to Madrid route and notify you when fares drop. Airlines also offer their flight deal alerts.
- Consider alternative airports – Look into flights to smaller airports near Madrid, like Barcelona, which can be significantly cheaper to fly into. Then take a budget flight or train the rest of the way.
- Use miles – Check if you have enough award miles with Lufthansa to book an award ticket for your flights from Miami to Madrid. This can save you a lot versus a paid ticket.
- Look for sales – Major holidays and long weekends are when airlines often discount flights from Miami to Madrid the most. Keep an eye out for sales around these periods.
- Pack light – Additional baggage fees can add up, especially on international flights. Try to pack within Lufthansa’s carry-on baggage allowance to avoid paying extra.
Travel tips for Lufthansa flights from Miami to Madrid
Here are some more travel tips that will help you get the best flight experience with Lufthansa:
- Check baggage allowances. Lufthansa may have different baggage rules for connecting vs nonstop flights from Miami to Madrid.
- Download the Lufthansa app. The app allows you to check in, see flight status updates and more useful info for your flights.
- Check Lufthansa first for award flights. As a Star Alliance member, Lufthansa is your best option for redeeming frequent flyer miles.
- Look out for Lufthansa sales on flights from Miami to Madrid. Sign up for their deal alerts to get notified of flash sales and special fares.
Safety and COVID precaution tips
- Wear a high-quality mask – Wear an N95, KN95, or KF94 mask for the entire duration of your flights. Surgical masks offer some protection but cloth masks are not recommended.
- Carry hand sanitiser – Use hand sanitiser frequently during your travels, especially before eating and after touching joint surfaces.
- Practice physical distancing – Remain 6 feet away from other passengers as much as possible, both in the airport and on the plane.
- Wipe down your seating area – Clean your tray table, armrests, screen, seat belt buckle, and any other surfaces you will touch upon boarding the plane with disinfecting wipes.
- Avoid touching your face – Try not to touch your face during your travels, especially before washing your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently – Use the bathroom and wash your hands with soap and water often during your flights and time at the airport.
- Consider an air-purifying neckband – These devices circulate and filter the air around your head to increase protection while travelling.
These safety and hygiene practices can help minimise your potential exposure to any virus that is going around and other germs while flying from Miami to Madrid. Be sure to continue taking precautions during your time in Spain as well.
With affordable flights from Miami to Madrid available from Lufthansa Airlines, there truly has never been a better time to experience the wonders of this Spanish capital city. With the tips to book the cheapest Miami to Madrid flights and the hygiene and safety practices to minimise your COVID risk, you can start planning your ideal Spanish getaway today. From atmospheric outdoor cafes and hip rooftop bars to world-class museums and flamenco shows, Madrid awaits to inspire and delight you – so don’t delay any longer. Begin your search for the perfect flights from Miami to Madrid, and start packing your bags. Read more on Trailfollow!